For everybody who can speek English

Hozzászólás: # 2227 db
Indította: Hrothgar87
Dátum: 2006.03.29. 18:32:43

Első oldal | <2> | Utolsó oldal

eragon1
2006.04.19. - 03:27:12 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #49. hsz
Vendég

they will definently have a lot of editing and animation to do.... I think this movie could be pretty good...

2006.04.18. - 11:45:22 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #48. hsz
Fórumozó
Tünde nő
Kívülálló

The video clips were really something that cheered me up ^^
Brilliant ^^
Aiedail - du Evarína ono varda!

eragon1
2006.04.17. - 23:57:42 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #47. hsz
Vendég

I wish I could tell you, but seems your theory stands....

sadly

2006.04.17. - 19:31:28 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #46. hsz
Fórumozó
Tünde nő
Kívülálló

Yeah... I agree, that Eragon's sword will very very very likely be a blue one. That would just perfectly fit - and I love the colour blue!

Wow, I've never noticed that that's said about the Raz'ac, because I also believe they're meant. Which chapter is the paragraph from? (I really have to reread the books^^)

Eragon's dream was somehow really sad. I ( as I suppose everyone else does) also think this is Eragon and Arya. And they will leave Alagaesia, because that's apparently the meaning of the dream and it's also what Angela told Eragon with the dragon bones.
It's sort of... sad. Not only because Eragon will leave. That's not really what makes me sad (of course this means a heartbreaking farewell in the end *sob*), but because this would have to mean one terribel thing. But let me put a few things right before, and you'll presumably come to the point yourself.. it's too terrible...
The Dragons are bound to Alagaesia, right? Does this mean, they're bound just to the part of Paolini's world we can see on the map? This would mean they can't leave this part and go, for exaple, to Alalea. I think you guess already what I want to say. Saphira can't leave Alagasia. And because it's impossible they would live apart (she in Alagasia, Eragon in Alalea), Saphira will be no more. That would be terrible. She musn't die.
I really hope I have forgotten some points wich could disprove my theory. I just don't want it to be true. And there would also be the questions which dragons those were (Thorn and the green one??) and who the man on the riverside (Roran? or Murtagh??)would be. I really really hope there are some good and true points against my thoughts... So please tell me.. they would make me a bit less sad ...

eragon1
2006.04.17. - 16:50:05 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #45. hsz
Vendég

Thats pretty good, but I was thinking that he would get a blue sword like the red one..."he had" beacuse of his magic and dragon...

also here are some things I noticed while re-reading Eragon:

The two men who bought grains for cheaply to everyone, who told stories about how big and powerful the empirers army is and that they will attack them soon may be the two raz'ac...

also it was said that Eragon would leave Alagasia and never return...well maybe he goes with Arya to Alalea (the place of elves) where no one knew where it was and what it was besides the elves...

any thoughts?

2006.04.16. - 14:51:39 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #44. hsz
Fórumozó
Tünde nő
Kívülálló

Well, that depends on what WE as the readers call a weapon and what Paolini calls a weapon. I think it's not really to be takne literally. Let's see what definition britannica.com offers:

an instrument used in combat for the purpose of killing, injuring, or defeating an enemy(! - that's definatly the use of this weapon). A weapon may be a shock weapon, held in the hands, such as the club, mace, or sword (! - Eragon needs one). It may also be a missile weapon, operated by muscle power (as with the javelin, sling, and bow and arrow), mechanical power (as with the crossbow and catapult), or chemical power (...)
But as said in Eldest, there is no weapon known to be under the Menoa Tree, but as we know there MUST be. I don't think the question is wether it is under the Menoa Tree, but rather WHAT is under the Menoa Tree. I don't suppose it's an ordinary weapon, like a sword (although Eragon definatly needs one, but then the chapter when Arya introduces the smith - shame on me.. I forgot her name... I have to reread the books urgently- to Eragon. She has to be important in the next book concerning Eragon's next weapon/sword. Perhaps she will break her oath, or perhaps she has hid a weapon under the tree, or she knows something about it.. who knows.
But couldnt it be possible that the 'weapon' is rather some kind of secret. For example a secret about magic. That seems a bit more likely to me, but I agree, that Eragon NEEDS a sword ( a good one), or otherwise he'll have no chance.. who has ever heard of a Dragon Rider without a sword ^^.

After studying the map of Alagaesia once again last night, I had a bad feeling, that this isn't the vault of souls... it's... Broms tomb... That was just sooooo obvious... That means they travelled a bit to the south east.. that makes perfectly sense.. but ... no.. not possible.. or perhaps it is?.. well I was just thinking about the 'vault of souls'. The hill being Brom's tomb doesn't exclude it being the 'vault of souls' ... perhaps it's the evindece, that those who believe that Brom will resurrect in the last book were right from the beginning... mhh... intresting, interesting...

eragon1
2006.04.16. - 00:51:09 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #43. hsz
Vendég

good find, yah that will most likely be the "voults of souls"

Do you think his next weapon will be under the manoa tree??

2006.04.15. - 19:21:05 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #42. hsz
Fórumozó
Tünde nő
Kívülálló

No, I've not seen these words in the books. Perhaps we'll see it in the Eldest Deluxe Edition, or in Empire (?).
I suppose it's a name or a title for something ... I wish they would have asked Paolini in the interview.

What I was also wondering a while ago was the following: In the German version of Eragon 'Helgrind' is translated as 'das tor zur Finsternis' (The Gate to Darkness). But that's not the English translation 'The Gates of Death'. It doesn't match the number. Gate is just Singular, but in the original version is plural. I also think, Death is either completely 'over-poetict' (nice neologism^^) so it becomes Darkness with the meaning of Death or... - it's just terribly mistranslated.
Now my question: is this just a thoughtless translation of the German version, or are there similar varied translations of 'Helgrind' in other languages too? If it is, perhaps there's more to the Helgrind than meets the eye.
Obviously, without knowing if there are different meanings in different laguages, the Helgrind will be an important place in the future book, I suppose (rescueing Katrina, avenging the Ra'zac etc).
I've got another question . Has anybody noticed the curious hills a bit to the south of the Helgrind on the map of Alagaesia? I've got a vague idea, that this will be the 'Vault of Souls'. A vault has a gate, and the map showes a gate.. well.. ehm.. dunno ^^

eragon1
2006.04.15. - 16:39:09 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #41. hsz
Vendég

Yah, in the interview I was wondering what that meens beacuse i'd never seen it in the books...is it in them?

2006.04.14. - 21:48:05 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #40. hsz
Fórumozó
Tünde nő
Kívülálló

Whoops, you're right. Brisingr is still his favourite word, and he's (just) a fan of 'Edur Carthungava' (whatever it means...). I would love to know what this means...

eragon1
2006.04.14. - 00:06:21 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #39. hsz
Vendég

'Edur Carthungava' -good question....no i dont know what it meens and dont remember it being in his books....I thought his favorite word was brisingr?

2006.04.13. - 20:43:15 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #38. hsz
Fórumozó
Tünde nő
Kívülálló

Yes, that really is a nice idea, but it somehow doesn't seem to be likely (to me at least). Now that Eragon slowly reaches the same level of education and skills as the Elves (and so as Arya) it would just be unfair to set Arya by being a Rider yet again another level higher than Eragon. He woudn't deserve that. And I think that would complicate his feelings even more. I couldn't stand that ^^.
I suppose I have to reread the books once again. There are just too many details I didn't realize (e.g. Arya's green magic).
But Roran becoming a Rider would be quite fair in my opinion. He has gone through so many adventures and dangers he has proofed himself capable.

I don't think the third Dragon would be named 'Jade'. It' a nice name, but too similar to Saphira. The red Dragon isn't also named after it's colour, so I don't think there is no real proof of your theory, I think.
But as I suppose we all assume at the moment, that Eragon (perhaps with some help of Orik and others) will somehow be able to steal the third egg and it will hatch in the third book (hopefully). So the third Rider(...no- fourth I mean.. didn't count Galbatorix *shiver*) would be on 'our side' . That would make two against two... mhh... but I just can't see at the moment how the Varden, Elves, and Eragon will manage to overthrow Galbatorix. This seems just so impossible. They're so weak... Eragon is so weak... let's hope this will change *keep my fingers crossed*.

By the way, does anyone know what 'Edur Carthungava' means? That's Paolini's favourite word in the ancient language (according to an interview), but I just don't know what it means. Perhaps I missed something... but I know so much: 'Edur' means 'a tor or a prominence'. But what's Carthungava? I've no idea.. I think I've never heard of it before...

----
(PS: Somehow I've managed it to register, although I don't speak one single word hungarian ^^. But I spent about half an hour to find out how to log in ....)

(PSS: I've made a rough sketch of an Urgal. And after I read the passages of the chapters where they are described, I found out, that they didn't really look that much like animals (or orks) at all. In my mind they always were rather big terrible 'animals' but on paper, they look as if they've got... background... or something.. hard to describe ^^ )

eragon1
2006.04.12. - 22:45:21 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #37. hsz
Vendég

You have a good point.... but it would be just to obvious nin my opinion.... I really hope they put more effert into this movie... If I were Steven Fangmhier I most likely woulnd have made the urgals look like that, but he's the director....

eragon89
2006.04.12. - 21:20:28 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #36. hsz
Vendég

I think Arya will be the third rider. If you remember when Arya uses magic it is green, like when she shot a green ball of energy at some Urgals at the "Battle of Farthen Dur". And we all know that when Eragon uses magic it is blue, and of course we also know that Saphira is blue. And since the third book is supposed to have a GREEN dragon on the cover, I am fairly certain that Arya is the third Rider.

I also think that the name of the third dragon will be "Jade", just because it would make sense. Your thoughts?

2006.04.12. - 20:47:55 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #35. hsz
Alkotó
Sárkány

I can understand you
Ne hagyd, hogy a mások rosszallása határozza meg a tetteidet! /Saphira/

2006.04.12. - 15:19:29 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #34. hsz
Fórumozó
Tünde nő
Kívülálló

Different in many ways? uff... that's disappointing. I hope, now that they've got a higher budget, they've investigated a few minutes to change it to be similar to the books.
I'm not yet sure about the Urgals. Somehow they're too human, but somehow, I imagined them too animal. I'm currently drawing a few background pics for my website, but I just have no clue how to draw the Urgals... very difficult thing...

To get more and more pictures bit by bit is somewhat like torture ^^. It's every time the same. I'm just so impatient. December really seems far away at the moment, but I'm sure it will seem ever more far away in November. It's somehow disturbing ^^. I can imagine how Eragon feels. I've got also a small voice in my head ^^. I suppose Eragon totally hooked me...

Aiedail - May the stars watch over you!

2006.04.12. - 09:37:03 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #33. hsz
Alkotó
Sárkány

You haven't misread anything. I imagened them the way as you as well. The film was initially not planed to be a great film. As the book become more popular, the Fox invested more money in it. This can cause troubles around the film, cuz they wrote a scriptbook, that's different in many points. I heard it somewere...
Ne hagyd, hogy a mások rosszallása határozza meg a tetteidet! /Saphira/

eragon1
2006.04.12. - 04:06:30 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #32. hsz
Vendég

yes Danman they are supposed to look like that, I imagened them as animals (orkish) but i may have misread something

2006.04.12. - 00:15:44 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #31. hsz
Honlapszerkesztő
Ember férfi
Sárkánylovas

We are looking forward the trailer as well...
I hope it will be at least effective to be more excited.
I remember the trailer of Last Samurai. That was great. I saw that one year befor the premier... I could't wait till than but I had to December is so far away... But we will get more and more pictures and short videos to hang on.
"Ami nem öl meg, az megerősít..."

2006.04.11. - 20:30:47 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #30. hsz
Fórumozó
Tünde nő
Kívülálló

Well... I thought about Roran too. This would just perfectly fit. Then the Inheritance would 'stay in the family' ^^ (but my friend wishes it would be Katrina. That would be just toooo cool. A woman as a dragonrider- nice idea) Cool that there are other readers, who suggest this idea as possible.

I've never cared about the horns of the Urgals... I haven't even realized, they have just small ones.. mhhh, that's strange. But it's always like this in movies. Something that's not relevant to the plot would just cost money, wich wouldn't be spent on. The loss of details in movies is ever the same.

Aiedail - Atra Esterní ono thelduin!

Danman
2006.04.11. - 19:32:02 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #29. hsz
Vendég

also, aren't the urgals meant to have huge black horns that you can make bows out of? cos the pictures show the urgals with baby horns, lol!

Danman
2006.04.11. - 19:26:03 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #28. hsz
Vendég

I couldn't agree more! The Inheritance trilogy is about as far from a critically acclaimed trilogy such as 'His Dark Materials' or 'Lord of the Rings' as you can get. this is a shame, as I have found both Eragon and Eldest to be really good reads. What makes them more fascinating is the fact that Paolini conceived the initial ideas as a 15 year old. I cannot wait for the third book, but have no clue as when to expect a release. Apparently, the book is likely to be called 'Empire', and feature a green dragon on the front page. Presumably this dragon is the last of Galbatorix's eggs. I cannot wait to find out who the final rider will be, though I have a feeling it could be Roran...If anyone knows, please post any info on this forum!!!
cheers, Danman

2006.04.11. - 14:16:13 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #27. hsz
Fórumozó
Tünde nő
Kívülálló

Yes, the trailer is going to come out on May 26th. *excited*
I can also just scan the site for pics. Perhaps through the movie Hungarian will become more popular , who knows. Maybe 'we Eragon fans' should learn hungarian ^^.

It's so sad so few people here in Germany know the Inheritance Trilogy. I have to admit, it's confusing to name the first volume Eragon, and the second Eragon as well. I'm content with the translation. It's not bad, and there aren't many names translated into German, but I prefere the original American version. It's somehow... more Paolini.

I've just now looked for a German fan site in Google, but there is none! Just the German translation of the official Randomhouse website.

It's nice that there are people who aprove of a German site. That makes me realize, this will be no bold venture, spoken in Eragon terms ^^.
There ARE people out there, who want to know about the Inheritance Trilogy. But it's just so unpopular. I've rarely met someone who knows the books. I myself presented the novels to my friend, who is know also a devoted fan! That's the first step to make the volumes popular. But most people who hear of Eragon suppose it would be just another kind of 'Harry potter-nonsense' . They're just so prejudiced against new fantasy novels.... it's kind of sad...
When I was in the forum of my free webspace a few days ago (I post there regularly) someone singed my guestbook and said he would like to see more than just my enter sign (which is the only thing, thst is completed by now). He asked also what 'Aiedail' means and said he googled it and found out, about Eragon and he would now check back constantly, if my website made any progress.
Those people most oftenly don't know how glad they make me just because they post a sentence which I can remember while working ( it's soooo much hard work. sometimes I'm close to despair and pack in the job).
So thank you all!

The more fans the more I feel my fan site to be needed ^^

(By the way. It's just tooo funny not to tell everybody: I'm going to go to see the premier the day after my birthday. I jumped up and down when I read the release date (My birthday is on 13th). Now I've got a chance to take even those friends of mine with me, who actually don't want ^^ this will be fun! and on the other hand I'll promote Eragon.. wow! what an idea! ^^)

-Aiedail (hope I didn't talk tooo much ^^)

eragon1
2006.04.10. - 23:26:41 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #26. hsz
Vendég

I am English and I've lives in Germany and am most German, I'm glad you are making a German Eragon fan site... that would be a good thing to have. I can't wait to see the english translation, sorta hard to understand, so the only thing I can do is scan the site for pics... I heard the Eragon trailer is going to come out in late may, is that true?

Aiedail- glad to see your trying to make the Inheritance Trilogy more know.

-Eragon

2006.04.10. - 19:11:10 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #25. hsz
Fórumozó
Tünde nő
Kívülálló

Ahhhhhh, at last! An English chatroom! I've loved your site since I first saw it! It's just so cool that there are people here who've actually been at the set. That would've been my dream!
I'm from Germany and I just couldn't find one single german eragon fansite. So I decided to make one for myself with a friend of mine. It's currently under construction^^ But it's really hard to find any information here in Germany. This was the first fansite where I found set photos! it was stunning! I couldn't believe it! But I was soooo upset I couldn't understand hungarian. A few words are similar to German, but I just didn't get the sense....

So you're planning to make an English and German version of this site? That would be great! If you could built up the English before the German I would offer my help to translate it into German. But I can't speak Hungarian, so I could just translate English into German.

So if you need help with the German translation send an E-mail to lescher@t-online.de
I'll surely have enough time for something making eragon reach an even far wider audience ^^

And about the English chat: I'm just sooo exited to hear news from people from the set!

thanx

eragon1
2006.04.08. - 16:18:04 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #24. hsz
Vendég

oh, ok thats cool

thanx

2006.04.08. - 00:58:02 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #23. hsz
Honlapszerkesztő
Ember férfi
Sárkánylovas

Those many urks was made with computer... There was urk bg artists and a lots are anaimation.
In the filming, at the set there was more than 100 urgal bg artists, but there will be more wich animations.
Many animations will be in the film (i haven't imagen it before)
For example: we were not allowed to shoot arrows with bow. We just act to shoot withouth arrows. 'Cose dangerous... however effective
Arrows will make with computer, and several scenes as well. Just like in Lord Of The Rings (faraway camera vievs in the huge battles, and a lot more)

eragon1
2006.04.07. - 22:42:16 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #22. hsz
Vendég

how many urgals? like lord of the rings (urks)?

2006.04.07. - 15:06:38 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #21. hsz
Honlapszerkesztő
Ember férfi
Sárkánylovas

Urgals will be more brutal as in the pictures. There will be fire, chaos, a huge urgal troop who goes into Tronjheim. They will burning and fighting in brutal way against dwarfs and vardens. I saw scenes in the director's monitor...
It will looks good

faceless
2006.04.07. - 10:34:51 VÁLASZ | E-MAIL | #20. hsz
Vendég

they are so brutal.. I imagined them otherwise, but they're
not bad!

Első oldal | <2> | Utolsó oldal